Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas Reflections




What a whirl wind that was!  And note to self...take more pictures early, and often.  I'm kind of crazed that I didn't get a really good family photo on Kolton's 1st Christmas.  Oh well, I definitely captured the spirit of the holiday, including a Green Bay Packer Win!  All of the guys in my family got Jersey's so this holiday Green and Gold were the colors of choice =)


I

It was definitely a new experience opening gifts for both Kolton and myself this year.  Just a lot to keep track of while trying to maintain Kolton's needs that didn't always allow me to totally concentrate and make sure appropriate "Thank Yous" were said to the gift giver. I quickly accepted that timing was never going to be perfect.  Kolton wanted to nap when it was time to eat, then he wanted to eat when it was time to open gifts. I can tell my sister in laws were pros because they had their family's piles opened, cleaned up, and cleared out of the living room while I still had gifts to open.  My area didn't get organized until the next day!

 Christmas Eve at My Mom's (Grandma Barb's) who supposedly cut back this year...missing from the photo are the piles of presents that had to be stacked in another room. 

Hi Santa!


Christmas Day at our Dad's.  It was very surreal to sit with my brother Tony with our children on our laps.

For some reason Kolton likes to wait until we are in Wisconsin to hit some milestones.  You might remember he started sitting while we were here in August.  As of Christmas Eve he will now eat anything and everything AND he also started feeding himself.  I have been trying to introduce regular solid food for weeks and have always been met with resistance.  I guess he just figured the holiday meals were too good to pass up!  He's had chilli, turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, carrots, pot roast, and cheese just to name a few.  I can't begin to tell you how this new development scares me because now I HAVE TO COOK!!!!!

Overall the holiday really was wonderful.  For me part of the nostalgia is reflecting on past, present, and future Christmases to come.  This year the religious part was definitely passed over and I hope to keep that at the forefront from now on.  Last night I was thinking about the birth of Christ and the emerging toddler I now have. I wonder if the Son of God was a good baby?




 



No comments:

Post a Comment