Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Boss


Ever work for someone younger than you?  Kolton had definitely been letting me know whose the boss lately!  If I step out of line he lets me know it, pronto.  I've been pressing my luck taking him shopping later than I should.  He gives me a couple of warning cries which I'm grateful for before deciding to lose it completely.  I try to hold my head high but I feel myself cowering and talking out loud to him more for the benefit for those that might be judging me.  Saying things like "OK, you've made your point, we're heading home now!"  And realistically its only like 7:00 so it really isn't that late.  But like I've mentioned before last year at this time I couldn't walk through a store without stares and comments from strangers about how big I was.  There was a particular incident in Target where Kristin had to act as my body guard keeping the crazies away and stopping them from saying anything else before we high tailed it out of there.  But I think the experience scarred me a little...I know complete strangers will judge me and have no shame letting me know what they are thinking.  However, as I was discussing the story with a Richmond mom yesterday-we were finally able to make a play date!- she mused that perhaps it was a north vs south thing. That people here would never be so rude.  It crazy how moving only 3 hours south of Baltimore means I've really crossed this cultural line!

For some reason I thought this holiday season would be easy peasy and that I'd have no problem getting things done.  But with the boss calling the shots and being sick and losing two weeks I'm still in the rat race.  Oh, Amazon.com how I love thee.  How did moms ever survive without it?

1 comment:

  1. Anytime AM is acting "fussy" out in public, I always find myself talking to her and saying things like, "Yes - i get it. You're mad." and am totally doing it more so for others judging.

    ReplyDelete