Thursday, August 25, 2011

Come On "Irene"

Sorry I have been MIA.  We had Kolton's baptism last weekend which I will post photos of soon.  Then, it was off to the Bahamas for me and a couple of girl friends from Ryan Homes.  Well if you've seen the news you know that Hurricane Irene came barreling through in the middle of our scheduled time there; Mon-Thursday.  We DID arrive in paradise on Monday after approx 12 hours of traveling only to be told we would be leaving the next day.  This is the only photo I have of our trip.

 I actually have no idea how this got on my phone.  Yes I left my phone on because I just couldn't bring myself to turn it off completely now that I'm a mom!

We did manage to get a decent pool day in on Tuesday before we left the resort at 5pm.  Ryan Homes actually chartered in planes to get us off the island.  The really funny thing was within the hour of being informed we would all be flying to DC the earthquake hit.  It would have felt like the end of the world except for the fact that we were still in paradise.  But we made it back safe and sound.

Now I'm back at my mom's house in Wisconsin.  My flight back to Richmond is scheduled for Saturday night.  Just when Irene is scheduled to hit Virginia.  Oy!





No comments:

Post a Comment