Monday, August 8, 2011

Buddies


Kolton has a favorite family member and it isn't Mike or me.  These two become more and more inseparable everyday.  Kolton looks for Sophie, especially when eating and it's incredibly distracting.  Sophie stays in his room during nap times or perches at the top of the stairs where she can keep any eye on the whole house.  They already have a bond and it warms my heart.

The reality of being a suburban stay at home mom is starting to settle in.  My days seem both wide open with endless opportunities and somewhat restricted at the same time.  I think developing a routine will help me get a handle on this lifestyle a little bit better.  We joined a gym this weekend so I hope to make going to a class a daily occurrence.  It'll be good for me and fun for Kolton to get out of the house and play in a different surrounding.  It was complete chaos in the kid zone this morning.  I looked around and saw the other parents either dropping off or picking up their kids and you know what I thought?  Am I really this old?  I know it sounds terrible but living in Baltimore city extended my youth.  Our old gym had an outdoor pool area with a bar!  It was the kind of place that was some what see and be seen.  Although I will say that Canton had more of that sense than our little Fort Ave. but still...  As I looked around today I didn't see head to toe Under Armour and some how felt out of place.  Granted it was 10:00 in the morning!  As my friends just please please please be honest with me if I ever start wearing mom jeans.

No comments:

Post a Comment