Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Weather People Get Paid?


About 10 days ago we first heard about the possibility of a massive snow storm that could hit the Richmond area.  By yesterday you could feel the general defeat of the weather report...mostly rain, all rain, nothing but rain.  I can't believe these people get paid to be so wrong!

This wasn't snowpocolypse or anything like that but, we had blizzard like conditions all day.  This wasn't the day to run low on diapers.  I started the day with 7...4 of which were a smaller size that I found stashed in a gym bag.  Hey, we were only supposed to get rain!  So on top of being on edge about that we also lost power for a good 5 hours.  I ended up taking Kolton to iHop for dinner after the precipitation subsided.  Then a quick stop for diapers.  At 7:00 we still did not have power.  I had just lit a bunch of candles when it switched back on.  Yay!  But now we have no hot water.  Boo!

And yes, that is Kolton outside with his cups.  What a funny kid!  We were only outside for two minutes.  He has layers on but I didn't buy snow pants or boots for him this year...I also think his hat may be on backwards.  Its just so hard to justify buying snow gear when he may or may not use them for two minutes a season.

1 comment:

  1. I said to Joe today that someone should just shoot that Groundhog already since it's clearly senile. Stupid snow. I'm so over it.

    ReplyDelete