Friday, March 29, 2013

Easter Fail


I hope the measure of how good a mother I am does not depend on whether or not my child gets his photo taken with the Easter Bunny every year.  This will be Kolton's 3rd Easter and that just seems crazy to me.  The first year I took him to the mall and he fell asleep in the car on the way there.  After 3 hours of shopping he was still sleeping so I decided to give it up.  Last year I managed a great shot


One of the great parts of being a stay at home mom is hitting the mall at odd times which means no lines to see the stuffed creatures.  This week Kolton was simply not interested.  He was so distracted by every thing else they had set up. He smiled at the bunny shyly but that was it.  I tried to place him in the bunny's lap but believe me, it was not a pretty sight.  Mike and I went to the mall this afternoon and I thought I'd give it another go.  Apparently EVERYONE waits until Good Friday to take their kids to see the Easter Bunny.  I was not about to wait in line only to have another failed attempt. So no Eater Bunny photo this year!

We did manage to get in an egg hunt though.  Once again Kolton became so fixated on his first egg that he paid no attention to the other kids filling up their baskets.



Last Year....

Why do I put so much pressure on myself over these silly things?

1 comment: