Monday, March 4, 2013

Toddler Memory

Kolton and his cups

I figured out a fun game to play with Kolton and his dixie cups.  I arrange them on the floor in various formations and he collects them in a stack.  Then he hands the cups to me and runs and hides while I start again.  Its hilarious and he loves it.  I'll admit that I am sometimes proud of my creative ability with the different ways to build castles from the little buggers.

For the past two years I've gone about my day to day with a very casual sense that Kolton will never remember this time in his life.  As much pressure as I put on myself over holidays its always in the back of my mind that I shouldn't stress because he won't remember it anyway.  Well, this weekend little man did something thats making me re-think all of this.  We have a wine chiller that stands on the floor about 3 feet high.  Like the ones that a waiter would bring to your table side at a fancy restaurant.  At our house its mostly just decoration but I've also used it to store things from time to time.  When we came back from our walk Kolton put Sophie's collar and leash in it.  I used to do that....like 5 months ago!  Now I either hang it up or use a storage basket.  He ran over with such determination and put it right in.  How did he remember that???  I guess I shouldn't be that surprised since he's learning new things every day.   I just thought it was due to repetition.  But now I see his mind really is a sponge.

No comments:

Post a Comment