Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Hot Air


I hope I'm not the only one who decided to turn on the air conditioning.  This house gets incredibly hot, especially upstairs where Kolton's room is.  Not long ago I opened the window in his room only to have it break.  They are the crank out kind and the little arm broke away from the window itself.  Thankfully I was able to lock it back into place but it was tough and I don't want to try it again.  But that leaves me without the option to leave a window open to cool things down up there.  So on goes the air =)

Little man had an epic meltdown tonight.  We were in the middle of this music class I take him to at a local church.  Looking back, the signs were all there.  I snuck out of the class before the shit really hit the fan.  He wailed all the way home.  I was worried that he didn't get enough to eat or drink; given his aversion to sippy cups and the hot temperature.  When Kolton gets worked up like this I'm always afraid.  By the time I got him out of the car his hair was completely wet with sweat.  I raced for the bottle and filled it nice and full only to have him bat it away.  I rocked him for a while and almost teared up at the look of pure exhaustion on his face.  My baby just simply wanted his bed.  The kid really loves his crib.

My other baby is really loving this weather too!



No comments:

Post a Comment