Monday, October 24, 2011

Buffers

Still leaning...not cruising furniture yet!

We had a wonderful weekend!   Outside of that outrageous Badgers loss...Seriously did you watch it?  In case you missed it; we were all tied up and lost on a last second desperation Hail Mary pass. I ended up having to lock myself and Sophie in the bedroom to watch the 2nd half because Sophie was barking frantically as Mike yelled at the TV.  Watching a football game with my husband can be a little intense;)    

So besides that we went out to eat a couple times, got a new area rug for the family room, and got to spend some quality family time.  I know, I know, super boring!  But this was the first full week in a very long time that Mike was home every night and it made a huge difference.  

Personally I'm starting to reach out more socially. I already spend some time helping out with my sorority's alumnae advisory committee for VCU.  But now I've joined a MOMS club that is targeted specifically at stay at home moms in my area.  Meetings and events are held during the day giving us something to do.  For me, making new friends is not that far off from dating.  There are first impressions to worry about and then weeding out those I can really connect with from those that I'll be simply friendly with.  So far, based on first impressions, I think I could really be friends with a few of these girls.  We've already elevated our relationship to Facebook Friends!  But as much as I like to be social I definitely get doused with a big case of social anxiety.  I'm that new kid in the 3rd grade at Elk Mound all over again.  And yes I suffered from this when first meeting all of you great Baltimore girls!  I just worry about saying the wrong thing, saying too much or not enough, and often worrying about it before, during, and after the date, er; meeting; oh you know what I mean!  So tomorrow I'm going to a brunch that the MOMS club is having for us new members.  I've gone to one meeting by myself so tomorrow will be the first time they'll meet Kolton.  Unlike dating the kids will make terrific buffers!  



No comments:

Post a Comment