Friday, July 22, 2011

So Hard To Say Goodbye


How do you say goodbye?  We say it by drinking wine from coffee mugs!  The movers were here yesterday to pack up our stuff.  I was afraid to take of my sandals because surely they would have ended up in a box somewhere.  The funny part about having someone else do the packing is that they have no idea what is junk and what isn't.  Or what doesn't belong in one room and should go in another.  They just start packing.  Believe me, it is the best way to move!  But we didn't really think things through when we invited a couple friends over last night.  We ordered Chinese but neglected to request silverware.  It just so happened that the movers missed my good set that is stored above the kitchen cabinets.  So we ate Chinese takeout with shiny forks and drank wine from the random glasses that were in the sink from earlier that day.

I'm a pretty sentimental person and this move has been pretty hard.  We've had the time of our lives living in Baltimore the past 5 years!  Its crazy how much I've grown to love this town.  It all hasn't quite set in yet.  But I guess this is what life is all about.  Things happen and life changes, moving you forward to the next phase.  

1 comment:

  1. That's a great attitude about moving and you've done it before. Just think of all the great people you've met in Baltimore and know you will have more to meet in Richmond soon.

    Your story reminds me of our move this year. The packers packed us up one day and were loading up the boxes the next day. Originally, we thought we'd stay in a hotel that night, but at the last minute decided to stay one last night in our house. Just that night, Zoey learned how to lock doors and locked the bathroom thinking she was so funny. I had to dig through the packed boxes to find the keys, which should have stayed with the house and not gotten packed anyway, so I guess her mischieviousness was a good thing at that moment.

    ReplyDelete