Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Settling In



Things in Richmond are going pretty well so far.  I'm actually loving the convenience to all my favorites: Starbucks, Panera, KFC, McDonlad's, Chipotle, etc. All within a few miles!  Maybe I'll end up liking the suburbs after all!  The house is still a mess.  OMG, who knew we had so much crap?!?!  And I haven't even started on the bedrooms yet.  The kitchen is taking FOREVER and it ain't pretty.  I'm excited to pull it all together.  Of course I haven't been completely devoted to the house when I have such a cute little guy to play with.
(please excuse the mess!)


The Friday we left Kolton had his 6 month well baby check up.  He weighs 16 lbs and is 27 inches long.  I really didn't think things through because he received some shots at the check up.  As we were trying to get  everything out of the townhouse he started to get really fussy.  I wasn't sure if we were going to be able to leave!  But I figured once we got in the car he would knock out and I was right, once again he slept the whole way.  I'm a little worried because since then he has been sleeping a lot.  Sunday night he fell asleep in our bed at around 5:00.  I tried waking him up at one point but he wasn't interested and I didn't have the heart to force it.  So, I just carried him up to his crib where he slept until almost 7 am the next day.  He's been taking long naps too.  Yesterday I woke him up from both the morning and afternoon once he exceeded 1.5 hours.  Then today he slept in until 8:30!  But when he is awake he is playful and bright eyed.  I don't know what to think!

Sophie is actually having a little bit of a hard time adjusting.  In the townhouse we had carpet in the great room and she could jump up on the couches just fine.  In this house there is more hardwood and that confuses her.  She whines to get picked up and I always find her lounging on the rug in the foyer; the only piece of carpet downstairs outside of our bedroom.  Then last night she got diarrhea.  I just dealt with this with her after we picked her up from the kennel we had her in while we were in Ocean City.  I was up a lot last night with her, even taking her out at 2:30am.  This morning she left me a wonderful surprise (on the hardwood thank God).  I have been watching her in the back yard and I haven't seen her eat anything so I'm starting to think her problem may be emotional.

I'll post pics of the new digs once everything is in order!

No comments:

Post a Comment