Tuesday, July 19, 2011

6 Months!


Dear Kolton,

My darling baby boy, I am simply in awe of you.  Love doesn't even start to describe how I feel.  Every time I catch a glimpse of you my heart bursts with pride and joy.  Your Daddy and I just can't believe how lucky we are to have you in our lives.

You are such a good boy!  Seriously, legendary.  You are setting the bar awfully high for any future siblings you may one day have. Even during the first 3 months when you weren't sleeping through the night you were such an easy baby during the day.  That's why we were baffled by your sleep issues.  When ever you fed at night and I laid you back down it was as if you couldn't breathe.  By the time I would get you back to sleep it was almost time for you to eat again.  Then, at 10 weeks inexplicably, you grew out of it and have been sleeping through the night ever since.  Now the only times you cry is if you are hungry or overly tired.

Speaking of tired; when you get sleepy you rub your eyes and sometime your ear.  You still need quite a lot of sleep.  On top of sleeping 11 hours at night you take 3 naps during the day.  With the morning nap coming only an hour or so after you wake up.  It's my favorite time of day.  I bring you into Mommy and Daddy's bedroom and give you your bottle in our bed.  Then we play and before long you are rubbing your eyes.  I let you take that nap in the bed.  Sometimes I nap with you and sometimes I just watch you sleep.  You must love the bed because that first nap lasts an hour or two!



The thing that makes you the most happy is the sight of your bottle.  You get so excited and reach out for  it.  I thought you were going to be feeding yourself a while ago.  Now I realize you love to relax while you eat and holding the bottle is just too much effort.  You lean back and put your hands over your eyes.  It's too cute for words.

I could go on and on about how cute you are and all the cute things you do.  Like laugh when you see Sophie.  Who never leaves your side by the way.  I can't wait to see how the relationship between the two of you grows.


You actually like to eat your vegetables!  You can polish off a whole container of carrots, peas, or green beans.  The funny thing is you will no longer eat rice cereal.  I assume because it has no taste.


For being only 6 months old you've already accomplished so much!  You've done things like fly on a plane, vacationed at the beach, and even had a surgery.  You have 2 teeth, the bottom ones, and a lot of hair for a 6 month old.  Strangers will often comment on how big you are.  You are actually not a big boy but all that hair and your bright smile make you look so handsome.  Now we are getting ready for yet another adventure; moving!  You and I are going to have so much fun exploring Richmond together.  I am so grateful that I get to spend all of my days with you so that I don't miss a thing in the next 6 months!

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment