Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Rockin & Rocking


Kolton has been rockin that hat since we put it on his head Saturday.  He's so funny!  Usually he wants nothing to do with hats but now he loves this one.  He gets lots of compliments every where we go.


The power struggle at bed time continues.  If anyone has any tips on how to sleep train a 28 month old I am all ears!  I think I've got the book reading under control...he gets to pick 3 books and I pick 1.  I choose the same book every night to signal that it's time for bed.  Coincidentally enough Kolton also picks the same 3 books.  Whatever!  Beggers can't be choosers.  Now I'm stuck rocking him forever.  He resists me sooooo hard when I try to put him in his crib.  Unfortunately letting him scream for a few minutes and then going back in to rock some more is usually the path I take.  After crying it out he gets really tired and settles in pretty quickly.  I just wish he would go back to going to bed peacefully.  I feel like its been forever since we've had smooth bedtimes.  Its always kind of a stinker to end the day that way.  And I dread what this means for a toddler-bed transition.  Just another reason why I probably won't try until he's three.  

1 comment:

  1. Tips, since you asked, and not to imply that I'm an expert on anyone's kids but my own:

    - Don't take him out of the crib to rock him.
    - Let him scream for 10 minutes (time it and put in ear buds), and then go in there. Speak minimally. Leave quickly even though he will devote the entirety of his resources to convincing you that you're killing him.
    - You're not killing him.
    - Once you establish your minimal comforting routine (time, comforting tactics, etc.), do it over and over until he sleeps, and don't vary it ever, unless he has an ear infection or something.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete