Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Concentration


When I saw this look on Kolton's face I couldn't help but capture it.  My mind flashed to him working on a school project or being up to bat in little league.  I can tell that he is smart and I believe he enjoys learning.  Which is why I've decided to start him with the speech therapy the school is offering in the fall instead of sticking with Early Intervention until he turns 3.  When his speech therapist comes to the house Kolton is still able to wander and play with his toys or Sophie.  He probably doesn't understand the difference between her and his babysitter...they are both playmates.  Maybe he will be able to concentrate better in a school environment.

Or maybe I'm just looking for any justification to get away from his current therapist.  I don't know what it is about that woman but she just rubs me the wrong way.  I always feel like she's talking down to me.  She's a perfectly nice woman, around my age, and in a different environment we might even be friends.  But since day one I've always felt judged by her.  Judged on my parenting, judged on my appearance, judged on my home, and judged on the fact that I keep asking the same questions over and over... Will he ever speak?  What does this mean for his future?  How do I prepare myself?

I know I could ask for a different therapist but I'm not quite sure my feelings are justified so I don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment