Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Little Fish


Hot, sticky, humid, and raining pretty much sums up Richmond weather lately.  Either way we've been spending a lot of time in doors.  Unless we're in the pool...


Kolton is a little fish.  He LOVES the pool!  When its time to leave I have to gather our things and head out of the gate as fast as possible so Mike can just scoop him up and walk out.  Otherwise he does not want to quit.  It so fun to share such a simple joy with my child.  I will tell you though, that I am completely paranoid about drowning.  And now there is even this whole dry drowning thing where your child may even seem completely fine and then drown in his sleep later from water that got into the lungs...WHAT?!?!

I grew up around pools.  My dad always had one.  I can't remember exactly how young we were when we were swimming unsupervised during the summer.  Or maybe I just remember it that way.  But I definitely remember going to water parks and going in wave pools without hanging on to my mom's hand the whole time.  I don't want to be a super over protective mom but how do you learn to let go?

No comments:

Post a Comment