Monday, May 20, 2013

School Evaluation


Kolton had his school evaluation Friday.  This is used to determine if he should be placed in a special-ed environment for pre-school.  The only major concern I have is his speech delay.  I feel he has grown out of most of the other sensory issues.  At the evaluation he performed every task they put in front of him.  For two hours he stacked blocks, matched shapes, used both hands to play, crossed them over the mid line of his body, strung beads on a shoe lace, and so on.  Again, he did everything they wanted him to do.  But the one thing they didn't ask him to do was speak, or make any sounds at all.

I don't get it.

I understand that they are looking for indicators of a larger problem.  But what happens when it's just speech?  We will get their recommendation in a couple weeks.  I'm really curious to hear what they have to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment