Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Approximations


Yesterday Kolton had his best speech therapy session yet.  I was excited for his therapist to witness all of his new approximations....thank you Katie for helping me find the right word to describe his speech! So he isn't saying the word clearly but I can tell what he is trying to communicate.   He has them for colors especially...red, yellow, green, blue, and pink.  He also knows numbers like 2 and 8; but can identify a lot more.  Then there is muffin (his favorite food), egg (after all the hunting for Easter), don't forget about cheese (like in the photo), and now fish (because she played a fishing game with him).  I have a meeting on Friday to start the process on getting him evaluated with the school system.  Its all pretty confusing but I really won't know more until after he is observed, and I have no idea when that will be.  Still, things are looking up!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like is he making huge progress! Let me know if you have questions about the process!

    ReplyDelete