Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Reward


What a busy day!  Our scheduled was jammed packed.  Thinking back to this morning or even lunch time feels like yesterday.  We did have a couple hours at home but I didn't want to waste the whole time trying to put Kolton down for a nap only to have to wake him up.  So we skipped it and the craziest thing happened.  He actually sat on the potty....for 30 minutes!  I promised him chocolate if he went.  Unfortunately there was no action.  Oh, how I wanted even the smallest tinkle so he could finally make a connection.  I just hope the experience didn't confuse or discourage him.  But I was so, so, proud of him!  And of course I rewarded him with chocolate anyway.  I'm really hopeful that we just turned a corner.  I am planning on a 3 day potty training boot camp next weekend.  Fingers Crossed People!!!

This was the 3rd time in the week so far that Kolton has had be beaming with pride.  Yesterday at speech therapy he counted to 20 unassisted. He counts for me all of the time but usually I have to repeat each number and I wasn't so sure he would perform on command.  He did awesome!  Then later in the morning he rode the train at the children's museum all by himself for the first time.  He screamed with delight.  Its funny because he seemed so disinterested all the times I rode with him.  I wasn't sure he would let me walk away.  But he did, and again I was so proud.  

I think I'm starting to like year 3... 

No comments:

Post a Comment