Thursday, September 12, 2013

Precious Time


Last night I went to cycle class.  Near the end, when legs were dragging, in order to motivate us the instructor said "Time is your most precious gift, you are always losing it so spend it wisely."  I don't know if he was quoting someone or just made it up on the spot but I haven't been able to stop thinking about it.

I often find myself getting frustrated with Kolton when he isn't sticking to schedule.  I'm rushing out the door but he wants to practice putting his shoes on...refusing to eat at meal times resulting in me chasing him around the house with a banana...wanting to lay and play in "Mama bed" when he should be napping already.  I get all worked up and sometimes snap at him; why?  I have no where else to be and really wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

With that in mind this afternoon he didn't go down for a nap until 2pm.  He typically naps for 3 hours but yesterday was only 2.  So I decided to just roll the dice. Today he slept for over 4.  I thought about waking him up around 5:00 but then thought better of it.  If he wanted to stay up until 10:00 so be it.  He went down at 8:30!

No comments:

Post a Comment