Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Summer Wind Down

Colonial Williamsburg

I think its kind of funny that the end of summer is some how supposed to signify the end of fun.  Of course a change of season is always a little exciting too.  In a couple of weeks Kolton will be in preschool Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 8-12.  I plan on grocery shopping on Tuesdays and doing something for myself (mani/pedi, shopping, etc) on Thursdays.  Yay!

So as summer winds down here is what we've been up to....

Kolton regularly requests to sleep in "mama bed".  Most of the time he gets rambunctious and proceeds to bounce all around so I've been hesitant to constantly give in to his requests.  However on this day he went to sleep right away and napped for 3 hours.  If he's good, I'll let him watch TV for 15 minutes before transferring him to his crib.  I'm going to wait to tackle his own big boy bed until he turns 3. I think of this as a nice little warm up.

Shopping!  I really do love the outdoor malls here.  I'll remember this summer as the summer of the hat. He gets so many compliments everywhere we go!

Soaking in the last days of the pool.  It kind of sucks that it closes after labor day.  It doesn't look like we are going to make it to the beach this year and I'm honestly OK with that.  Having the pool just steps from our front door has been so great I can't imagine packing up, sitting in traffic and all the other hassle just to sit and play in the sand.  

Proof that they actually will run down and fall asleep eventually!  Last weekend Kolton didn't nap both Sat and Sun.  (That was my bad because I missed his 1-1:30 window both days)  This was the result Sun night at 6:30.  Did you notice in both sleeping pictures that Kolton's hand is down his shirt?  Yup, he still rubs his nipple to soothe; love him!

This afternoon was his last Early Intervention therapy session.  Kolton's vocabulary continues to grow every day.  He is still going to receive speech services through the public school system but I'm no longer really worried like I once was.  I think his therapist is going to miss him!  And even though I've had my differences with her I actually think we could be friends.  We talked about getting together sometime and I hope we do.  Today was also his 2.5 year doctor appointment.  He sat up on the exam table all by himself and looked like such a big boy.  Suddenly time is flying by!


No comments:

Post a Comment