Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pause


For quite some time now I've been feeling a little bit of a baby fever.  I think it's because my brother and I are 2 years apart and I feel that's proper spacing between siblings.  But now I've come to a point where I feel pretty comfortable pressing the pause button on life changes for a while.  I'm still struggling to find my groove in Richmond and I think I need to be comfortable to tackle the challenge of having 2 kids.  Not to mention that since Mike travels a lot now I'd be on my own with those 2 kids.  I was super spoiled with Kolton because since Mike wasn't working we were able to share duties a lot during both day and night.  The thought of having a 3 year old and a new born seems less daunting than if Kolton were only 2. We are also considering moving in the summer.  We are still going to rent but maybe get something a little better suited to our tastes.  There are way more 3 bedroom places out there than 4 bedroom; although having a separate space as a toy room is kind of a must for me too.

I'm not sure why I felt so pressured to hop back on the baby train.  Honestly my age has a lot to do with it.  I'll be 34 this summer.  I got pregnant so easily the first time its scary to think that might not be the case when we want to have another.  But I'm feeling more at ease now.  Waiting is definitely the right decision.  Plus, I think Mike and I need to take a proper adult vacation later this year.  I'm actually a little giddy thinking about it!


No comments:

Post a Comment