Friday, February 3, 2012

Demolish


Kolton has just learned that if he crumples food in his hands it makes a big fantastic mess!  Too bad he missed the opportunity to demolish his birthday cupcake.  He's also been wanting to feed himself which leads to longer meal times (sometimes 40 min) and the need to do more laundry.  I noticed he tends to use his left hand during meal times but favors his right during play time.



I realized I haven't said much lately about how things are going in Richmond.  I've fallen in with a nice group of moms that meet weekly.  Sometimes it is a large group gathering and sometimes just a few of us.  These ladies are very nice and serve as true inspiration as the kind of mom I want to be.  And their homes are spotless!  Not that it matters..Have you noticed that in every picture I take my house is a complete disaster?!?!  I swear its clean sometimes =)  The hard part is, I wouldn't exactly classify these women as friends yet.  We don't call each other just to gab or do anything without the kids.  I know it takes time and I'm just thankful to have some company during the day!

And after 6 months I've decided that its time to set up the house.  I've been rearranging furniture and I have some grand plans to hang pictures as well.  We just don't know what we are going to do when our lease is up.  I can see us living in this house for another year OR finding a different rental that better suits our needs for less money OR purchasing a home.  So I'm feeling a little unsettled just being unsettled.  I'm a planner and I like to know things.

The awful truth is its still hard to find the good in Richmond.  We absolutely loved our lives in Baltimore and we're having a really hard time letting go.  We are actually going back again this weekend to celebrate Kristin & Alec's engagement AND Annmarie's 1st Birthday.  Can't Wait!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment