Monday, July 22, 2013

Royal Highness


I can't explain exactly why but I just can't wipe the smile off my face because of the Royal Baby!  I really thought it was going to be a girl....but oh my baby boys are just sooooooooo sweet!

Friday evening Kolton and I went to a birthday party at Romp&Roll.  During the snack/cake part we were seated next to a mom & son we had never met before.  She asked me how old Kolton was and said her son was just about to turn 2.  Then she said "So, when did he start talking because my son hasn't started yet and people are starting to imply something may be wrong."  My jaw hit the floor!  This woman was me a year ago!  I, of course, got diarrhea of the mouth and just blabbed about everything we have been through.  Others chimed in as well.  I think now that Kolton has actually started to talk I'm more confident in telling others not to worry too much. But I also know all too well that it's easier said than done.  I also find it interesting that this issue was addressed on the show Pretty Wicked Moms.  Did anyone else watch?

Right now there is nothing sweeter than hearing my baby's voice and seeing his delight when he says new words.  He's still not using language to communicate needs; he's mostly just naming things.  But I know once he figures it out more he'll have a lot to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment